Tuesday, October 2, 2012

You Look Happy Now

Waiting for the traffic light on the streets, 
I see you out the window and unintentionally I said hi
But uh-oh, we’re broken up right now 

Blankly I just look at you for 2 seconds 

I turn my head and calm my shocked heart 

I look strangely at passing by people
But you know what, you’re looking at me too 
And you’ve become stone in that very spot

Why is my heart that was determined to move on, 
Shaking, swaying and just pestering me? 
The light changed- I have to go now

I’ll pass you by, goodbye, you. Please be well.

You look good, I guess you’re doing well 
Your hairstyle changed- it looks good 
You’re pretty so whatever you do looks good 

Honestly, I was really worried 

That you would be hurting, that it would be hard 

That you would be sadder than I am 
But you look good- I guess I was being stupid

You look good- I guess I was being stupid
I was worried if you couldn’t take the breakup well 
But now that I accidentally saw you, my heart is at rest

I turn my head again- I found you among the people

But next to you is a new guy

I guess that’s the person you told me about back then
Back then I hoped for your unhappiness but now it’s different 
Please be happy. You know I mean that right? 
He should know too, that you have a special sensitivity
I need to step on the pedal and go but 
Why isn’t my foot moving? I need to step on the pedal and go but 
Why isn’t my foot moving? I need to step on the pedal and go but Why can’t I move?

Green light is on, so its time to go
But I can’t just leave you and go 
I hear honks sayin I gotta move
But this feels like the end.